Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting older

Last year, I celebrated my birthday on Don Det, one of the 4,000 islands on the Mekong river in the south of Laos. It involved a cake fight, mustard, buckets, and being banned from buying a monkey. You can read about it here.

I said it would be hard to top. I was right, but my friends sure put up a valiant effort. Last night involved a cake fight, guacamole, buckets, and making cleavage out of balloons. If the host of the party had a monkey for sale, I think he would still let me buy it.

Mega and her roommates wrote me a series of poems for my birthday. Here are some choice samples:

C is for Claire
L is for Large Brain
A is for Awesome
I is for I like you
R is for Righteous
E is for your nice epidermis
- The Ginger

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Gingy was nappin
I wish I was too.
- Diver

Overall, I call it a great success. Here's to my mid-twenties.

No comments: