Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Interview FAIL.

"Hello, I'm a reporter from the Newsly Newswire. I'm working on a story about how small towns in Eastern Ontario are trying to attract tourists to boost the economy during the recession."

"Uh huh."

"I was looking online, and I discovered that Smalltown, Ontario just had its second annual goat run."

"Oh, yes."

"Were you involved in the goat run?"

"Yes, I was one of the organizers."

"Can you tell me more about it? How does a goat run work?"

"Well, there were about 200 participants. The winner is picked based on how close you come to predicting the finish time."

"I see. And do participants come from outside of Smalltown? Does it attract tourists?"

"Yes, we get quite a few participants from out of town."

"Are you intentionally marketing it towards tourists?"

"Actually, I was talking to someone from the county about that the other day. We're thinking of making up pamphlets."

"Oh, really! That's great. When's the next goat run?"

"Actually, we're having another one at the end of the month. It's going to be a relay race."

"A relay... huh? How do goats run a relay race?"

"Pardon?"

"Well, how would they hand off the baton?"

"I don't.... oh.... *stifled laughter*"

"Excuse me?"

"You think... the race... is run by goats."

"It's not?"

"No. 'Goat run' is just a nickname. It's run by people."

"I see."

The Newsly Newswire, by the way, has an open concept newsroom. This interview was heard by every reporter at the desk.

2 comments:

Amy said...

HAHAHAHA
*screams*
*falls on floor*

BIRTCH said...

BUAHAHAHA
WICKED. totally wicked.
now i really wanna see a race entirely of goats..