(My MRP, by the way, is that thing I went to Malaysia to research and am now expected to turn into a knock-your-socks-off radio documentary)
1) Put aside an entire day to work on it.
2) Go to the gym, grocery shop, clean the apartment, read the paper and faff around on the internet.
3) Holy @#$%, it's 4:00 p.m.
4) Open the word document with my script
6) Mentally prepare myself to look at it
7) Spend 15 minutes making notes and thinking about what I need to do next
8) Make a few small changes
9) Decide I need to do in depth research on Malaysian sodomy laws in order to fact check a small point
10) Realize I can't do anything else without going back and listening to an interview
12) Spend 20 minutes mentally preparing myself to listen to the interview
13) I SOUND LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT
14) Kick myself for 20 minutes for sounding like an idiot
15) Kick myself for not getting more sound
16) Actually write or rewrite the section
17) Make a congratulatory cup of tea and faff around on the internet some more
18) Realize it's 8:00
The science of Smaug the Terrible
3 years ago